Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Alberto's provocation

The first time I came to Woods Hole was during a World Cup year...at that point, I hadn't experienced the Fußball mania in Germany.  Now I have.  I even recognize a few of the players (not necessarily because of talent).

Alberto requested that I post something to stimulate activity on the blog...preferably something provocative. So I temporarily abandoned my coding efforts and -- after also encountering some alarming World Cup 2014 men's briefs and body painting designs-- I found a chart outlining the diverse combinatorial possibilities for confrontation and belligerence in our little group:


We have Germany, USA, Colombia, Uruguay, Korea, Japan, Ecuador...all nicely distributed for many possible showdowns.

This will be my first and last post about the World Cup, because I don't know what I am talking about. I suspect many of my fellow Fellows have distinct and well-reasoned opinions on this subject, but I think we should start with a public challenge to Alberto--which of our respective countries will dominate, and why? 

3 comments:

  1. Germany and Uruguay are the candidates to win the world cup!
    Check this out:
    http://ibnlive.in.com/news/germany-and-uruguay-hot-favourites-for-football-world-cup-2014/474843-5-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. But Uruguay will obviously win...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alberto, we'll see in the final which will obviously be Uruguay vs Germany

    ReplyDelete